***Do you have spare personal protective equipment (PPE) you could donate?***
If you have spare PPE that could be donated to local hospitals and front-line health professionals, you have a couple of options:
1. Take your donation to the drop-off site on the campus of the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center near University Medical Center along with your donation. Donations will be accepted Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
You can drive up to the site, drop off your material, and receive documentation of the supplies donated. Once the situation returns to normal, Texas Tech will provide you with a letter documenting your donation, so that you can apply for reimbursement from the government, or apply the donation as a tax deduction.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Dr. Joseph A. Heppert, Vice President for Research and Innovation at Texas Tech University, at Joseph.Heppert@ttu.edu.
2. Covenant Health System also is asking for PPE donations. Starting tomorrow, you can go by the Covenant Health parking lot off 21st & Indiana (Look for Covenant Health banners and trailer) in Lubbock between Noon-6 p.m. each day, Monday-Friday. When dropping off donations, please stay in your vehicle. Caregivers will help unload donations.
3. Another option is to contact your local medical facilities, as they likely have these needs as well!
The following is a list of critically needed PPE:
1. Exam gloves – all sizes, new, in unopened box, not expired)
2. Isolation gowns
3. Bleach wipes
4. Eye shields
5. Face shields
6. Isolation masks
7. N95 masks
8. Hand sanitizer
9. Disinfecting wipes (Clorox/Lysol wipes)
10. Baby Wipes
11. Goggles (medical)
12. Face Masks (medical)
13. Medical Gowns (paper fluid resistant or plastic)